Saturday 15 October 2011

Tree of old things

Tree of old things

A friend of ours asked me to make her a tree like sculpture to hang some of her old tools on. I really had no idea what materials I would use until I remembered that I had recently pulled up some corroded gal pipe from the garden. With a little dirty work cleaning them up and some tricky welding, I came up with this. I hope she likes it.



Fire in water

While I was pondering the tree, my lovely wife suggested that I "do something with that old wok". So as I am basically a crochet widow at the moment, I had plenty of time to head down to the workshop to create this. I quite like the copper which catches the sunlight and gives a lovely glow. I will let the rest rust naturally.


I have also reset the sailing ship to be a table piece.

I am now considering a big tree like garden archway....

No comments:

Post a Comment